Task Tamers provides a downsizing service to smooth the transition from a larger family home filled with precious treasures to a new, smaller abode.
Logically our clients know that it makes sense to downsize, but it is a big task from an emotional, logistical, and physical perspective. It can be an overwhelming prospect to move on, and sometimes it feels easier to defer the task.
Part of the reason downsizing can seem daunting is the amount of energy you need to invest in sorting through your possessions.
You are moving into a smaller home, so you will have to leave some things behind. It helps to realise that in exchange for following this process through you will be giving yourself a new life. Decluttering is often the most emotional part of downsizing and we see our role as supporting you through this stage with sensitivity and understanding.
We are with our clients every step of the way on their downsizing journey, handling everything from beginning to end.
Our end-to-end service includes:
- Measuring up – Determining how much you can take with you
- Planning – Discussing your goals and drafting an action plan together
- Logistics – We book removalists, redirect mail and organise utilities
- Decluttering – Sorting through everything using our 3 x Ts approach: Treasures, Trash and Transition
- Packing – We do the hard yards wrapping up the treasures coming with you safely for moving day
- Disposing of your “trash” items – We take care of the logistics for items that are not going with you and are not suitable to pass onto others
- Moving on your “transition” items – Whether this be passing things onto relatives or antique/secondhand dealers, charities or other buyers
- Moving day management – Supervising removalists in loading and unloading
- Resettling – We unpack your treasures in your new home.
You can engage us for as much help as you need with downsizing. We’ll develop a tailored estimate based on your specific requirements. Task Tamers prides itself on discretion and maintaining client confidentiality.
We know every task is as unique as our client. That’s why we meet with you at your home and provide a written estimate. Costs are impacted by things like the size of the decluttering task, time required to complete it and the number of “hands on deck” we need.